Fish Oil, 100 softgels, 1000 mg
The richest source of Omega-3 fatty acids supports cardiovascular health by maintaining normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and sustaining healthy immune and central nervous systems activities
What is Fish Oil?
There are two types of fat, Omega-3 and Omega-6, that are essential for human health. The average American consumes far too many Omega-6 fats in their diet while consuming very low levels of Omega-3. The ideal ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fats is 1:1. Our ancestors evolved over millions of years on this ratio. Today, though, our ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 averages from 20:1 to 50:1!
By far, the best types of Omega-3 fats are those found in fish. The Omega-3 in fish is high in two fatty acids crucial to human health, DHA and EPA. These two fatty acids are pivotal in maintaining health. Sadly, though, eating fresh fish, whether from the ocean, lakes and streams, or farm-raised, is no longer recommended. Mercury levels in all fish have now hit dangerously high levels across the world, and the risk of this mercury to your health now outweighs the Omega-3 benefits of fish. Routine consumption of fish oil, however, is highly encouraged as a key ingredient in sustaining your health. Fish oil contains the highest levels of the best Omega-3 fats - those with the EPA and DHA fatty acids - and, as it is in pure form, does not pose the mercury risk of fresh fish.
Research indicates that Fish Oil may:
- Be instrumental in supporting healthy inflammation response, cholesterol levels, blood pressure and thickness, hormone production, and healthy activities of the immune and central nervous systems.
- Be important for infants (and a developing fetus) for proper development of the brain and retina of the eyes.
- Support normal serum triglycerides.
We also carry Fish Oil in 50-softgel bottles for only $6.95!
- Our Fish Oil is derived primarily from Sardines (Sardina/Sardinella 9 different sub species names) and Anchovies (Engraulidae under 8 different sub species names) Sometimes Mackerel is also used.
- At times, Salmon (Salmon/Salmonidae 8 different sub species) are used to adjust the DHA content upward and Herring (Clupea/Clupedidae 6 of the 11 subspecies) are used on rare occasions to increase the EPA level.
- All fish used for oil in our products are caught in deep cold water channels in the Northern Atlantic and Pacific oceans.
- The fish oil used comes from ?fish body oil?, which is primarily found in the flesh.
- The specification for the mercury in the WFM Fish Oil is a maximum of 0.005 parts per million or 0.005 mg/kg. There is one gram of Fish Oil in each softgel so the amount of mercury per softgel is guaranteed to be less than 0.000005 mg. The ppm will always be 0.05 ppm of the fill material.
- The molecular distillation processing of the WFM Fish Oil removes any and all Dioxins that may be in the oil. Dioxin content is measured in a complicated TEQ system and the WFM Fish Oil is guaranteed to meet all USA standards and the all new tough EU (European Union) standards. The EU standards are the toughest in the world. (Typically, Dioxins are more of a problem in Fish Liver Oils because they cannot be molecularly distilled as thoroughly).
- Our Fish Oil is guaranteed to contain 18% EPA and 12% DHA per softgel. The proposed CRN monograph for fish oils plans to allow an omega 3 claim on these two fatty acids only.
- Other than EPA (180 mg) and DHA (120 mg.) the total Omega 3 fatty acids are approximately 63 mgs per softgel.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 100
||Amount per Serving
||% Daily Value
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol)
18% EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 180mg
12% DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) 120mg
** Daily Value has not been established.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Purified Water
Allergen information: Contains fish (herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, salmon) and soy ingredients.
Contains NO hexane.
Suggested Use: Take 1 softgel, up to three times daily, with a meal.
Omega-3 fatty acids are extremely susceptible to damage from free radicals. It is recommended that the antioxidants vitamin E, vitamin C and selenium be taken in concert with omega-3s.
Because Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to inhibit blood clotting, consult a health care practitioner prior to using Fish Oil if you have a blood disorder or are taking anti-coagulant medications.
Fish Oil should not be used two days before or after any type of surgery.
As always, consult a health care practitioner before taking supplements, especially if you have a medical or psychiatric condition, or are pregnant or lactating.
Usually ships the same business day.