Vitamin C (Buffered), 60 vegicaps, 500 mg
Buffered Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant formula, non-acid vitamin C source: important for cell protection, supporting healthy immune and brain function, manufacturing of collagen, iron and vitamin E absorption This formula is gently buffered and is a great alternative for persons that may experience stomach irritation with ascorbicacid. Calcium ascorbate is a non-acidic source of vitamin C. Many physicians recommend taking a buffered form of vitamin C if you are taking it in higher doses. In 1936, Albert Szent-Gyorgi discovered that vitamin C works better in combination with other nutrients, such as bioflavonoids. In other words, he found evidence to support the fact that vitamin C should be con-sidered a complex rather than a single nutrient, much like the vitamin B complex. Bioflavonoids are essential for total Vitamin C effectiveness. This formula contains lemon bioflavonoids, rutin and hesperidin, these bioflavonoids assist Vitamin C in keeping collagen healthy, are essential for proper absorption of Vitamin C and prevent Vitamin C from being destroyed in the body by oxidation. Therefore, bioflavonoids improve and prolong the function of Vitamin C. The body cannot make bioflavo-noids, they must be obtained through the diet or nutritional supplements. VITAMIN C
Vitamin C was first discovered by sailors in the18th century by who realized that they could avoid scurvy by sucking on lemons and limes. Vitamin C has many health benefits, but its probably best known as a cell protector, immunity booster and powerful antioxidant. It is a highly versatile and health-enhancing nutrient and is active throughout the body.
- May support healthy histamine response
- Essential for the production of collagen
- May support healthy brain function
- Essential for proper adrenal gland function
- Powerful antioxidant
- Important for gum health
- Aids in absorption of vitamin E
- May support healthy cardiovascular function
- Shown to strengthen blood vessels
- May increase iron absorption
- May promote healthy healing
The RDA for Vitamin C is 60 mgs per day
BIOFLAVONOIDS (LEMON BIOFLAVONOIDS, RUTIN, HESPERIDIN)
- Large doses of Vitamin C may interfere with the body's absorption of copper and selenium
- Persons with kidney stones, kidney disease or hemochromatosis should not exceed 500 mg per day and should consult a health care practitioner prior to using Vitamin C containing products
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult your health care practitioner prior to taking Vitamin C
Bioflavonoids are water-soluble plant pigments. They are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are important to maintaining optimal health. A scientist named Albert Szent-Gyorgi who called them "vitamin P" discovered them in 1936. Since then, over 4000 bioflavonoids have been identified and scientists believe that many more will be discovered in the future. The term bioflavonoid refers to many different ingredients and includes hesperidin, citrus biofalvonoids, rutin, quercetin, to mention a few. They perform a wide range of functions, for example: they protect capillaries, and provide support for a number of other biological functions. Most importantly, bioflavonoids enhance the effects of Vitamin C by improving absorption and protecting it from oxidation. Conversely, bioflavonoids work best when given with Vitamin C. Bioflavonoids along with Vitamin C are also essential to skin health.
To summarize, as a group with other polyphenols, flavonoids have been linked to many health benefits as a result of their antioxidant properties.
- May support healthy cardiovascular function
- Shown to strengthen & increase permeability of capillaries
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant
- May support healthy inflammation response
- May support healthy immune function
- May enhances the effects of Vitamin C
- May support healthy eye function
- Assists the body with transmitting nerve impulses
- May protect low density lipoproteins (LDLs) from oxidation
Typical daily intake ranges from 20-60 mg
- If you are pregnant or lactating consult a health care practitioner prior to taking bioflavonoids.
Serving Size: 1 Vegetarian Capsule
Servings per Container: 60
||Amount per Serving
||% Daily Value
|Vitamin C (as Calcium Ascorbate)
** Daily Value has not been established.
Other Ingredients: Rice Powder, Magnesium Stearate, Cellulose
Contains NO milk, egg, fish, shellfish, tree nut, wheat, soy, artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule, one to three times daily with meals.
As always, consult a health care practitioner before taking supplements, especially if you have a medical or psychiatric condition, or are pregnant or lactating.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Usually ships the same business day.